Barriers To Start Up Grant
The Barriers To Start Up Grant is a £1million fund to enable economically inactive, unemployed individuals and young people not in education, employment or training to start their own business.
A grant of up to £2,000 is available to help individuals overcome barriers to starting a business. The grant will come as a part of a package of support that will include one-to-one advice and webinars to build confidence in business practices and develop plans for starting a business.
If successful, applicants will also be expected to consider the role they play in adopting our values of equality and sustainability in the running of their new business.
In allocating funding, priority will be given to those individuals that are facing barriers to business start-up and are furthest away from the employment market.
To apply you should be:
- Economically inactive or unemployed
- Looking to start up a self-employed business in Wales
We are encouraging applications from individuals who identify as:
- Disabled work limiting health condition
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnicity
- Young people not in education or training (NEETS) aged 18-24 or a College and University leaver since 2019 who are contracted for less than 20 hours per week
Following the EOI and prior to completing an application form, all applicants will be expected to undertake some pre start support with their business support provider.
The Barriers To Start Up grant will be available from Monday 13th December 2021 until 24th March 2022.