Be Your Own Boss Series
Are you 18-25 and:
- searching for new opportunities?
- facing barriers that stop you from starting a business?
- interested in being your own boss but don't know where to start?
If you answer 'yes' to any, or even all, of these questions, then the Be Your Own Boss Series could be for you!
It's a series of webinars for young people in Wales who are looking for something new in 2021, maybe because you face particular barriers to self-employment, need to change careers plans because of the pandemic, or just have a great idea that you'd like to turn into a business!
- 23rd February 6-8pm - How to Network in Business
- 25th February 6-8pm - Being Street Smart in Business
- 2nd March 6-8pm - Everything you Need to Know About Money
- 4th March 6-8pm - How to Get Your Business Noticed
- 9th March 6-8pm - The Importance of Business Planning
What you can expect:
- Expert advice: Get valuable tips from successful entrepreneurs and experts in their fields.
- Tips from other young business people: Hear from other young people about their experiences of starting a business.
- Networking and collaboration: Meet like-minded people and collaborate with them throughout the Series and in the future.
- A clear action plan: Work with Big Ideas Wales Business Advisers to create an action plan to take your business forward.
Who it’s for
To be eligible you need to be:
- Aged 18-25
- Recently started a business in Wales in the last 12 months or plan to start a business in Wales in the next 12 months
- Must be living or studying in Wales, and intend to start the business in Wales
- We are particularly interested in hearing from:
- Unemployed individuals who are not in education, employment or training
- Anybody living in Wales who left college or university in 2019 or 2020 who is underemployed (has a lower paying job that demands less skills or training than the person holds)
- Disabled people
- People from BAME backgrounds
How to apply
- Complete the short application form to the right of the page and submit before 10 February 2021
- If successful you will be offered a one-to-one session with a Business Adviser to assess your application.
If you have any questions before applying or if you have any concerns that you may not be able to participate in each session for the full duration eg due to medical / technical /caring reasons, please contact us so that we can discuss how we can help, don’t hesitate to send us a message on social media, or send us an e-mail.
See you there!