Big Ideas Wales Bootcamp
Sign up for this online event to learn how to break down barriers and get yourself on the road to self-employment. Working alongside other young people with the same ambitions and featuring a wide range of talks, tasks, tips and a prize for the best pitch, this series will put you in the driving seat and accelerate your dream from an idea into reality. Come along for the ride with Big Ideas Wales and let us be a part of your journey!
Dates: 30th November - 3rd December 2021
Age Range: 16-25
Sign Up Deadline: 24th November 2021
- 30th November 2:00-5:00pm
Meet and Greet
Fail To Prepare, Prepare To Fail
- 1st December - 2:00-5:00pm
The Power Of Networking
Social Media Savviness
Breaking Down Barriers, Not Building Walls
- 2nd December - 2:00-5:00pm
Fair Play – Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
Show Me The Money!
- 3rd December - 2:00-4:00pm
Pitch to Panel
Announcing Our Winner
By attending our Bootcamp you will receive all the essential support a young entrepreneur needs for the final stages of start-up. For the pitch winner we shall also be offering:
- Free session with role model on social media and marketing
- Free session with role model on branding and business image
- Support from a Business Support Advisor to include help to attain Welsh Government pledges around Equality and Green Growth
- Full case study and marketing spread on Big Ideas Wales social media outlets once business has gone live
- Opportunity to feature products/service on a promotional stand at one of the Regional Hubs or Shared Spaces
Who it’s for
To be eligible you need to be:
- Aged 16-25
- Recently started a business in Wales in the last 12 months or plan to start a business in Wales in the next 12 months
- Must be living or studying in Wales, and intend to start the business in Wales
- We are particularly interested in hearing from:
- Unemployed individuals who are not in education, employment or training
- Anybody living in Wales who left college or university in 2019 or 2020 who is underemployed (has a lower paying job that demands less skills or training than the person holds)
- Disabled people
- People from BAME backgrounds
How to apply
- Complete the short application form to the right of the page and submit before 24th November 2021
- If successful you will be offered a one-to-one session with a Business Adviser to assess your application.
If you have any questions before applying or if you have any concerns that you may not be able to participate in each session for the full duration eg due to medical / technical /caring reasons, please contact us so that we can discuss how we can help, don’t hesitate to send us a message on social media, or send us an e-mail.
See you there!