Not all businesses operate from factories or commercial premises. Some people start and run their business from their own homes.
If you are thinking of starting a business, you could consider the possibility of running it from your own home as you may find it helps you to:
- Save on starting up costs as you don’t need premises
- Save time that would be spent on looking for suitable property
- Avoid getting tied into tenancy agreements
- Get help from family and friends
- Flexible hours, particularly if you are still in education or working
- Save on time and money spent travelling to work
But there are also a number of considerations, particularly if you live at home or in rented accommodation. Working from home can affect mortgage, home insurance, tax, other people living in your house and even your neighbours.
You may also have trouble with:
- Distractions and interruptions
- Loneliness or isolation
To find out more about running a business from home, read the guide on the Business Wales website on Starting a Business from Home (Business Wales website).