Horticulture Wales has produced the Packaging for Horticulture guide to help Welsh businesses in the horticulture business make more informed choices when choosing the most appropriate packaging for produce.
The guide provides a step-by-step checklist which will equip you with practical knowledge to make cost-effective and sustainable packaging decisions. Read the guide for:
- an overview of packaging legislation and regulations
- practical tips for using materials including paper, glass, metal, plastic and wood
- a cut out and keep guide to the most common (and confusing) packaging logos or symbols
- links to additional business support and advice
- case studies outlining examples of best practice from other Welsh horticulture businesses
- a ‘Packaging Checklist’ of key questions growers should ask