But did you know that just 1.5% of apprenticeships in Wales are taken up by disabled people? This means that employers are missing out on a valuable skills base.
This event will support employers to help unlock this untapped talent pool, dispel misconceptions and equip you with the contacts, tools and resources to confidently implement a more inclusive approach to sourcing your future apprentices.
Book your place now to:
- find out more on what apprenticeships can do for your business;
- hear the Welsh Government’s commitment to action from Eluned Morgan, Minister for Welsh Language and Lifelong Learning;
- understand why this matters to Wales, to businesses and to disabled people;
- learn from employers and apprentices who are leading the way;
- network with key personnel who can offer hands-on support for employers;
- share experience, knowledge and good practice.
This is a free Welsh Government event brought to you in partnership with the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
13:00 Registration, light refreshments and marketplace networking
13:45 Welcome and main event
Venue and Accessibility
The main hotel entrance is at the front of the building and there are no steps leading into the building. There are two doors, one is an automatic revolving door and the other is a double width manually operated standard door (push to enter pull to depart).
At the front of the building is a 220 space tarmac and paved car park that is well lit with CCTV. There are 5 accessible parking bays in total, 3 of which are directly in front of the hotel.
The reception area is all on one level and is located by the entrance doors to the hotel. Part of the reception desk has been lowered for guests who are wheelchair users.
The conference venue is on the ground floor; the ground is level from the entrance of the hotel to all the rooms and there are Ladies, Gents and an accessible toilet on the ground floor on the conference corridor. The accessible toilet has been adapted for a wheelchair user and has an emergency cord for assistance.
Please note that we will have a photographer present to take pictures during the event. In coming to the event, all attendees are:
- granting permission to have their photo taken as part of their involvement in the event;
- granting the Welsh Government, Equality and Human Rights Commission and the Crown permission to use the images, and any other reproductions or adaptations thereof either complete or in part, alone or in conjunction with any wording or imagery on websites and in publications, promotions and other similar material belonging to or funded by the Welsh Government;
- agreeing that they do not own the copyright nor are entitled to any rights whatsoever in any of the images and at no time in the future will they make any claims against the copyright holder, photographer or the film company.