Construction Futures Wales (CFW) will provide companies with the opportunity to learn about improved business practices that can increase a company’s turnover and profit, and can provide a competitive advantage when tendering for future work.
CFW aims to
- improve customer satisfaction
- reduce defects
- reduce cost
- improve safety
- improve supplier relations and enhance collaborative working
- reduce negative impact on the environment
Support is provided through:
Supply Chain Networks
The Construction Futures Wales Supply Chain Networks programme provides support at each key stage of a construction project. At the design stage, our practitioners can support the minimisation of costs through the use of ‘value engineering’ tools and techniques. Our specialists work with clients and their supply chain partners to provide:
- An introduction to collaborative approaches for performance improvement.
- Diagnostic tools to examine current working relationships between clients, main contractors and sub-contractors to pinpoint areas for change.
- Help in identifying performance improvement targets in terms of project cost, quality and/or timescales.
- Risk management advice to support the identification of project risks, and measures to minimise their impact on project costs, quality and speed of completion.
Construction Futures Wales provides support specifically designed to meet your company’s needs including:
- Company Health Check - establishing the practical needs of your company
- continuous improvement, best practice and pre-accreditation support
- use of ‘Lean Construction’ tools, for example site planning, process mapping, inventory control
- support in PQQ and tendering techniques
- understanding your costs including 'Open Book'
- data collection and analysis
- health, safety and environmental standards assistance
CFW can help source potential suppliers for your supply chain. We will work with you to identify suppliers and services compatible with your needs. You will then have the opportunity to assess the prospects of potential suppliers through a ‘Meet the Buyer’ event. For more information, please see the Sourcing Page.
Incorporating Community Benefits - Llangollen Medical Centre
The Llangollen Medical Centre is a project being undertaken by Read Construction on behalf of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board. It’s the demolition of a former hotel and construction of a new medical centre that will bring together the town’s GP practice with outpatient and specialist clinics. A particular aspect of the client was to incorporate Healthcare Community Benefits in the process, watch the video to find out how Read Construction incorporated them into the project.