This Destination Management Plan sets the framework for managing the tourism vision to 2017. It is supported by the Destination Action Plan (DAP) that details specific activities.
Aim and priorities
Develop a thriving visitor economy in Bridgend which celebrates the unique strengths of the place, supports jobs, generates business opportunities and improves the range of amenities available for visitors and local people.
The Destination Management Plan will focus on the following priorities:
- Support the development of the tourism product - support better accommodation and support better attractions.
- Support the development of tourism infrastructure - enhance the coastal resource, invest in the settlements, enhance the countryside resource, improve transport and related infrastructure for tourism and develop tourism human resources.
- Raise the profile and attract more visitors to Bridgend County Borough - promote Bridgend County Borough and develop a diverse portfolio of events.
Measure volume and value of tourism.
The current economic impact model used locally is STEAM. In support of this Bridgend will develop local indicators that will provide further evidence of the scale and growth of business in their area, including:
- accommodation occupancy figures by sector and month
- monthly attraction and activity visitor numbers
- users of the Coast Path and Celtic Trail
- beach and related car park surveys and harbour usage figures