The purpose of the Carmarthenshire Destination Development Plan is to develop a prosperous visitor economy in Carmarthenshire based on its unique strengths and character, which generates higher spend and local income, enhances its image and reputation and improves the quality of life for local communities.
The Plan includes a series of programmes that are designed to make the most of Carmarthenshire’s visitor product strengths and to identify and address any deficiencies in the visitor offer.
The objectives of the Destination Development Plan are as follows:
- Providing clear ‘reasons to visit’ and deliver compelling, unique, memorable and high quality visitor experiences.
- Creating a clear positioning for the county in the context of the country.
- Harnessing the collective strengths of all businesses and organisations that have a role in supporting the visitor economy.
- Defining Carmarthenshire’s unique tourism promise/offer and attracting new and existing visitors to the town through innovative and cost-effective marketing.
- Improving access to and within Carmarthenshire to encourage better visitor flow, longer stays and higher spend.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service.
- Maximising visitor spend and income retention to the local economy.
- Improving customer satisfaction to encourage longer and repeat visits, higher spend and levels of positive recommendation.
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement, value for money, best practice, learning and sustainability.
- Identifying measures of success and monitoring performance.
Enhancing the Sense of Place
The plan identifies that there will be improved place promotion through promoting key focal points in each town/village offering a special character.