Greening your business isn’t just about what you do. It is also about how sustainable the products and services that you produce or procure are.
When making purchasing decisions or purchasing from environmentally responsible suppliers and services (sustainable procurement) you need to take the following factors into account:
There are 4 key points to remember:
1. Use environmentally friendly products
It’s no use in minimising your environmental impact if the products that you use damage the environment.
- what is the product is made of?
- where has the product come from?
- who made it?
More information on this can be found on the ' Questions to consider when purchasing goods and services' page on the left.
2. Source, buy and promote local food
- guests will love it and you will benefit local businesses
- more information on this can be found on the 'Source and promote local food' page on the left
3. Use local tradesmen
It supports the local economy and is often more convenient, especially in rural areas.
4. Encourage your guests to travel sustainably
- it reduces the amount of cars on the roads
- it supports the local bus/train services
- provides a unique experience for your guests
More information on this can be found on the 'Encouraging your guests to travel sustainably' page on the left.