This is a 5 year Action Plan, which sets out what Wrexham county borough and partners plan to do to influence the growth of the tourism sector.
The aims of the Destination Management Plan are:
- To deliver a strategic and visitor focused approach to the development and management of the visitor product/experience in Wrexham county borough.
- To achieve clear, coordinated and prioritised actions which will significantly improve the visitor experience and levels of visitor satisfaction.
- To enthuse and involve tourism businesses and other agencies in productive partnership working which relates to their interests and makes the very best use of available goodwill, budgets and manpower.
- To drive up tourism business performance year on year.
- To grow the economic, environmental and social contribution of the visitor economy in a way which is responsible and considerate of the needs of residents as well as visitors.
- To contribute significantly to regional and national economic and cultural aspirations.
The places which attract or have the potential to attract the largest numbers of visitors have been identified as key hubs. These are Erddig Hall, the combined area of Chirk Castle, Chirk and the Glyn Ceiriog Valley and the World Heritage Site. The town of Wrexham is seen as an emerging hub.
Through implementing joined up development plans within these hubs, the aim is to achieve a stronger, more attractive visitor experience.
Local Authority Contact - Joe Bickerton, email@example.com