Join as at the next Port Talbot Waterfront Enterprise Zone event being held in conjunction with Business Wales and Neath Port Talbot Council. The event will take place at the Baglan Bay Innovation Centre on Thursday 2nd May between 8:30am – 10:30am (8:30am for registration and refreshments with a 9:00am start). To register please use the following link https://bit.ly/2CVlCYI.
SMART Expertise provides support to Welsh businesses and research organisations to commercialise new products, processes and services developed through research, development and innovation processes.
The aims of the programme include:
• To encourage businesses and researchers to work together on innovative projects in strategically important areas of science, engineering and technology.
• To assist in securing competitively won follow-on funding
• To assist the growth of R&D expertise and capacity in research organisations and industry creating Innovation Clusters
SMART Expertise will fund up to a maximum of 50% of the total project costs, with the remainder funded through the non-academic partners.
If you’re a UK-based business or research organisation, Innovate UK may be able to compete for government-backed funding to:
• research and develop a process, product or service
• test your innovation ideas
• collaborate with other organisations
R&D tax relief supports companies that work on innovative projects in science and technology. It can be claimed by a range of companies that seek to research or develop an advance in their field. It can even be claimed on unsuccessful projects.
Superfast Business Wales will also be providing an overview of how they can help you exploit Superfast Broadband in your business.