Why Lowri would be an effective mentor
- Lowri has worked within the agriculture industry for more than 10 years. For the last three years, she has been an ICT tutor for Farming Connect, working one-to-one with farmers on a wide range of administrative tasks giving them the confidence and skills to handle online record-keeping including RPW Online, BCMS, Agri Pollution workbooks and VAT online.
- She trains farmers wanting to become more proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint as well as emails, the internet and online meeting platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- A good communicator and fluent Welsh speaker, Lowri is happy to work with complete beginners as well as those who already have the basics but who want to build up their ICT and business skills
- She has more than ten years’ of experience of business management and planning, farm accounts, feasibility studies and benchmarking
- Able to break down seemingly complex ICT processes so that they are easily understood and learned, Lowri is a great organiser who will bring both professional and practical skills to help you meet your personal goals and run your business affairs efficiently
- Can also provide support with the completion of the Control of Agricultural Pollution workbooks to help you meet the record keeping requirements of the Water Resources (Control of Agricultural Pollution)(Wales) Regulations 2021.
Current farm business
- Lowri and her husband have a 15 year tenancy at the 120 acre council-owned farm they moved to in 2015
- 500 ewes
- 30 store cattle
- Shearing contracting business
2019 – to date: Various roles with Menter a Busnes and Farming Connect including ICT tutoring as well as previously working as a facilitator for Wrexham and Flintshire
2018 – to date: Part-time manager with British Wool, helping to run the Ruthin depot alongside marketing responsibilities
2018 – 2021: AB Sustain – seasonable work carrying out farm insight assessments and carbon assessments for dairy producers.
2013 – 2018: FUW Insurance executive
2016 IAGSA farm accounts and book-keeping training
2015 Risk assessment and bio security training
2014 Farm valuing and insurance requirement training
2007 – Harper Adams University: HND/FdSc –Agri-Food Marketing with Business Studies (Business & Marketing Student of the Year)
Top tips for business success
“Prepare for the future by learning how to make full use of computer technology – it really is easy once you know how – so it makes good commercial sense to replace your notebook and pencil as soon as you can!”
“You will soon learn to manage your farm business much more efficiently once you have the confidence to keep records and complete forms online.”