Could our short accredited training courses help you meet your business objectives? Can we help you identify the training which would most benefit you, eligible family members and your workers?
Develop the skillset within your business by:
- Completing an online Personal Development Plan (PDP) to help you analyse what your business needs and plan a strategy to strengthen or introduce new skills which will help you find more efficient ways of working, saving you time and resources.
- Selecting the training you need from the wide range of courses available.
- Selecting an approved training provider from our extensive network.
Through our Skills and Mentoring programme, eligible individuals registered with Farming Connect can access funding for completing short accredited training courses.
- Category 1 – Business Improvement - 80% Funding
- Category 2 – Technical Courses - 80% Funding
- Category 3 – Machinery and Equipment Use - 40% Funding
For the full list of eligible courses please click on the link above.
Registered individuals will only be able to apply for the funding during open application windows.
Please see below future window dates:
Monday February 5th until Friday March 2nd 2018
Monday 4th June until Friday June 29th 2018
Monday October 1st until Friday October 26th 2018
All windows will open at 9.00am on the Monday and close at 5.00pm on the Friday. All windows are open for 4 weeks.
To identify your training needs you will need to complete your online Personal Development Plan (PDP) and submit an application for funding on the Business Online Support System (BOSS).
- After registration with Farming Connect you will receive your individual username and password for BOSS. If you have registered but haven't receive this information call the Service Centre on 08456 000 813.
- Use this information to Log in to BOSS and complete your online PDP and the training application form.
Our team of local Development Officers and approved training providers will be able to provide guidance on how to complete your PDP at the Personal Development Plan Workshops. The workshops will provide you with a useful presentation and a User Guide that will support you to enable you to complete the PDP in your own time.
If you have previously applied for training funding and have any queries please contact the Service Centre on 08456 000813.