Could our short accredited training courses help you meet your business objectives? Can we help you identify the training which would most benefit you, eligible family members and your workers?
Develop the skillset within your business by:
- Completing an online Personal Development Plan (PDP) to help you analyse what your business needs and plan a strategy to strengthen or introduce new skills which will help you find more efficient ways of working, saving you time and resources.
- Selecting the training you need from the wide range of courses available.
- Selecting an approved training provider from our extensive network.
Through our Skills and Mentoring programme, eligible individuals registered with Farming Connect can access up to 80% funding for completing short accredited training courses in key areas. Courses in Category 1 – Business Improvement and Category 2 – Technical can attract up to 80% funding, however courses in Category 3 – Machinery and Equipment Use, will only attract 40% funding as of the 3rd of July 2017.
Registered individuals will only be able to apply for the funding during open application windows.
Please see below future window dates:
- Monday July 3rd until Friday July 28th 2017
- Monday October 2nd until Friday October 27th 2017
Monday February 5th until Friday March 2nd 2018
Monday 4th June until Friday June 29th 2018
Monday October 1st until Friday October 26th 2018
All windows will open at 9.00am on the Monday and close at 5.00pm on the Friday. All windows are open for 4 weeks.
To identify your training needs you will need to complete your online Personal Development Plan (PDP) and submit an application for funding on the Business Online Support System (BOSS).
- After registration with Farming Connect you will receive your individual username and password for BOSS. If you have registered but haven't receive this information call the Service Centre on 08456 000 813.
- Use this information to Log in to BOSS and complete your online PDP and the training application form.
Our team of local Development Officers and approved training providers will be able to assist you on how to complete your PDP online at our Personal Development Plan Surgeries. If possible, please bring your laptop with you to the surgery in order to complete your PDP.
To find out more information on the funding available speak to your local Development Officer.
If you have previously applied for training funding and have any queries please contact the Service Centre on 08456 000813.