Face-to-face training courses
The skills application window is now closed. The next application window will open on the 2nd of September until 1st of November.
Could our short accredited training courses help you meet your business objectives? Can we help you identify the training which would most benefit you, eligible family members and your workers?
Develop the skillset within your business by:
- Completing an online Personal Development Plan (PDP) to help you analyse what your business needs and plan a strategy to strengthen or introduce new skills which will help you find more efficient ways of working, saving you time and resources.
- Selecting the training you need from the wide range of courses available.
- Selecting an approved training provider from our extensive network.
Through our Skills and Mentoring programme, eligible individuals registered with Farming Connect can access funding for completing short accredited training courses.
- Category 1 – Business Improvement - 80% Funding
- Category 2 – Technical Courses - 80% Funding
- Category 3 – Machinery and Equipment Use - 40% Funding
NB if you intend to apply for funding to complete a training course from Category 3 - Machinery and Equipment Use, you must complete the free online Health and Safety e-learning course on BOSS via Sign on Cymru (SOC) before submitting your application.
Further course details and duration information can be found here (please note that this document is for guidance only).
HOW DO I APPLY FOR FUNDING SUPPORT TOWARDS A TRAINING COURSE?
Once registered with Farming Connect you will need to complete your online Personal Development Plan (PDP) and submit an application for funding on the Business Online Support System (BOSS) via Sign on Cymru (SOC).
- After registering with Farming Connect you will receive a confirmation email.
- Use your registered email to Log in to BOSS via Sign on Cymru and complete your online PDP and the training application form.
For a full list of PDP workshops please click here.
Our team of local Development Officers and approved Training Providers will be able to provide guidance on how to complete your PDP at the Personal Development Plan Workshops. The workshops will provide you with a useful presentation and a User Guide that will support you to enable you to complete the PDP in your own time.
Future Window Dates
Registered individuals will only be able to apply for the funding during open application windows.
Please see below window dates:
- Monday 2nd of September until Friday 1st of November 2019
- Monday 6th of January until Friday 28th of February 2020
- Monday 4th of May until Friday 26th of June 2020
All windows will open at 9.00am on the Monday and close at 5.00pm on the Friday.
If you have previously applied for training funding and have any queries please contact the Service Centre on 08456 000813.