Privacy Notice – Farming Connect Events Registration Form – Farming for the Future events
This notice was last updated on the 3rd August 2018.
1 Why we collect and process the data collected:
The Welsh Government will be the Data Controller for the personal data you provide on the Farming Connect Events Registration Form at Farming for the Future events. The data collected will be used for the purpose of processing and determining your eligibility to attend / participate in the Farming Connect Event.
The lawful basis for processing the personal data collected is that it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the exercise of official authority vested in the Welsh Government. The Data Processors are Menter a Busnes, who are third party contractors, delivering the Farming Connect Programme.
For all customers who have provided Farming Connect with a unique e-mail address, attendance at any Farming Connect event will be included on your unique CPD record held on BOSS.
2 Who will have access to your data:
The personal data on this form will be shared with organisations contracted by Welsh Government to solely deliver the Farming Connect Programme.
- Menter a Busnes
- Selected sub contractors
The personal data on this form will be accessible by Audit teams, Welsh Government internal audit, Welsh Audit Office and European Commission Audit; the information will only be used to verify the administration of the Farming Connect Programme.
The Personal data on this form will be shared with the following agencies for the purpose of delivering Farming Connect interventions and services,
- Agriculture & Horticulture Development Board
- Hybu Cig Cymru
- Other Welsh Government departments
- Natural Resources Wales
In relation to the Farm Business Grant, the following Welsh Government Departments will be notified of your attendance as part of the verification process in determining your eligibility for the scheme. This will include the sharing of Personal Data for both verification and reporting requirements of the European Commission:
- Rural Payments Wales (RPW)
- Agriculture – Sustainability & Development Division (ASDD)
- Data on this form will be shared with contractors acting on behalf of the Welsh Government, to undertake interviews or surveys of current and former participants as part of formal evaluations of Welsh Government-funded programmes. Contractors will contact a sample of contacts. You may be contacted and asked to take part in an evaluation of your personal experience of a learning activity. If you are contacted, the purpose of the interview or survey will be explained to you and you will be given the option to say yes or no to taking part. Contractors will use your details only for the purpose of carrying out the evaluation and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your details will then be deleted once the evaluation contract is complete.
- The personal data on this form will be accessible to Welsh Government Knowledge and Analytical Services (KAS) for research, statistical analysis (from which individual cannot be identified), equal opportunities monitoring and completion of reports of aggregated data to be made publically available, via the Welsh Government internet pages.
3 How long are your details kept:
As required by data legislation we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information you have given to us. Your details will be retained on our system inline with the European Commission retention policy. European Commission requires data to be kept for 3 years after the final payments are made under the programme. Your details will be retained until 31st December 2026. Where irregularities are identified details will be retained for 3 years following the year in which all monies have been recovered. When we no longer need to retain your information we will ensure it is securely disposed of in line with the Welsh Government Retention & Disposal Policy.
4 Your rights:
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right:
- To access the personal data the Welsh Government hold on you;
- Require us to rectify inaccuracies in the data
- To (in certain circumstances) object to or restricted processing
- For (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection
For help with any of the above rights then please contact our Farming Connect Service Centre 08456 000 813 or use the contact us form.
5 The Freedom of Information Act and your Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 allow the public to ask to see information held by public bodies, including the Welsh Government. The information you provide us may be the subject of a freedom of information request by another member of the public. We would consult with you to seek your views before disclosing any personal data in response to such a request.
6 Changes to this policy
For further information on how Menter a Busnes and Lantra process your personal data
Menter a Busnes Lantra Wales
Uned 3 Royal Welsh Showground
Parc Gwyddoniaeth Llanelwedd
Aberystwyth Builth Wells
SY23 3AH Powys
For further information on how Welsh Government process your personal data
Data Protection Officer
Email address: Data.ProtectionOfficer@gov.wales
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office:-
Telephone : 01625 545 745 or 0303 123 1113