Wales Master Grass
Have you got a good understanding of grassland management and keen to develop this further?
Are you eager to learn and to adopt the most up to date grassland management techniques to make the most of the land you manage and increase profit from grass?
**The Application window for the Master Grass Beef and Sheep is closed.**
The workshops will focus on:
- Selecting and establishing appropriate grass species and varieties for intensive rotational grazing
- Develop an In-depth understanding of soil management for maximising grass growth
- Understanding and implementing key practical and infrastructure elements into your grazing system
- Be able to input and interpret grass growth measurements into grass management software for informed decision making to maximise productivity and grass utilisation
- Be able to prepare a detailed grazing management plan for your farm to:-
- Improve milk yield from forage and grazed grass
- Increase kg live weight gain from grazed grass
- Reduce overall input costs within a simplified grass based system
Wales Master Grass, April 2018
Wales Master Grass, May 2018
Recent MasterGrass attendee Dafydd Jones from Llys Dinmael, Maerdy has set about changes to his home farms ewe flock grazing strategy by installing and implementing a rotational grazing system which includes splitting fields and piping water to parts of his farm which was previously set stocked. Indeed Dafydd was so inspired by the three day workshop at Glynllifon that the evening after the final day he went about calculating possible paddock sizes and feed allocation on his computer.