Wales has all of the first class facilities you would expect of a Western European country, including excellent access to your clients throughout the United Kingdom, EU and beyond via efficient road, rail and air networks.
Our exceptional variety of commercial property – from serviced offices to international headquarters – is available at some of the lowest costs anywhere in the UK. Our commitment to delivering some of the best business properties in Europe has led to significant investment being made in strategic sites, including:
- SA1 Swansea Waterfront.
- Parc Cybi (on the Isle of Anglesey).
- Deeside Enterprise Zone.
- Porth Teigr (Cardiff Bay).
- Central Cardiff Enterprise Zone (a 140 acre business district at the heart of Wales’s capital city dedicated to financial and professional services companies).
The rise of Ty Admiral
Watch this amazing timelapse video of Ty Admiral, Admiral Insurance Group’s new global headquarters in Cardiff from ground breaking to completion – all in under 3 minutes!
You can see the new Admiral building, and the rest of central Cardiff, in our 360 view of the city.
Situated within easy reach of major road, rail, air and sea transport hubs, Wales is ideally placed to support international business operations and provide access to your clients, no matter where they may be.
- By road, the M4 motorway connects south Wales to London in 2 hours making it an ideal location to service London based companies - whilst the M56 motorway connects north Wales to major financial cities based in the north of England such as Manchester.
- A £1billion investment to the rail network will see the journey time by rail from Cardiff to London reduced to 1 hour 45 minutes by 2017, whilst the implementation of Crossrail will see Cardiff connected to Canary Wharf in just 2 hours by 2018.
- South Wales will have a direct rail connection to Heathrow airport by 2021.
- Cardiff International Airport is 30 minutes from Cardiff city centre and offers direct and one-stop flights to hundreds of destinations.
Connecting Wales to the City of London
The combination of Crossrail and the electrification of the London to Swansea main rail line will enable south Wales to grow as the near-shoring hub for the City of London.
"Wrexham has proved to be a highly successful base for us and works well in terms of connectivity. The broadband here serves our business well and ensures our back-up recovery capability is second-to-none. Also the transport and travel links are good. We are just 2 hours away from a business meeting in London and less than an hour away from Liverpool and Manchester airports."
Managing Director, Moneypenny
Businesses in Wales can benefit from some of the most advanced digital infrastructure in Europe, and our strategic investment programme will continue to improve services.
- Digital Wales our agenda for making Wales a truly digital nation by delivering digital skills for everyone, improved online public services, faster infrastructure and enhanced mobile coverage.
- Superfast Cymru is our national rollout programme to deliver fast fibre broadband to 96% of homes and businesses by 2016, with the final few percent of premises serviced through a flexible package of support and a mixture of technologies.
- Ultrafast Connectivity Voucher scheme provides support (up to £10,000 subject to scheme conditions) for installation costs of business grade ultrafast broadband (defined as at least 100 mpbs download speeds and at least 30 mbps upload speeds with little or no contention).
- IXCardiff is a single-node IXP built with Extreme Networks Summit X460 Series switches. IXCardiff is Wales dedicated Internet Exchange Point (IXP) that reduces latency, improves network resilience and ensures faster connectivity for local Internet users.
- PSBA (Public Sector Broadband Aggregation project) is the national communications service for Wales to better connect all geographic regions in Wales to transform how the front line and back office public services are delivered.
Take a tour of Cardiff, our Capital City, to see a selection of what it has to offer for you and your business.