Flood Relief Fund
The Welsh Government has formally launched a £2.5million Flood Relief Fund which is available to Welsh businesses to help them recover from damage and disruption caused by the recent storms - Ciara, Dennis and Jorge.
Businesses recovering from the devastating effects of the floods, are able to apply for a grant of £2,500 to help get them fully functional as quickly as possible.
The grant can be claimed by businesses that meet the following criteria:
- The business must be an SME based in Wales
- The business needs to demonstrate that they have suffered severe disruption as a result of storm Ciara and/or storm Dennis and/or Jorge:
- Directly impacted by the weather event, i.e. flood damage to the property, equipment and / or stock;
- Indirectly impacted by the weather event, i.e. the business has had no/highly restricted access to premises, equipment and/or stock as a result of flooding; restricted access for customers, suppliers and/or staff; suffered loss of trade and have issues with regards to wages for employees.
- Funding can only be used to cover costs that cannot be recovered from insurance
- One application per businesses
- Businesses will need to provide:
- details of estimated affected costs to their business
- evidence of business address (within the last 3 months)
- photographic evidence of damage
When providing detail in the application form, please note we will not consider insurance excess fees as a contributing factor towards demonstrating significant disruption.
For more information on the fund, please download the relevant guidance notes and application form below. If you have any questions and wish to speak to one of our team, please contact 03000 6 03000.
You will need to provide evidence to support your claim when you submit your application - proof of your business address, photographs of flood damage and lost stock, wage slips from last 4 weeks (if appropriate) and costs of goods that need replacing.
The Business Flood Relief Fund is open to applications until 20th August 2020, funds permitting.
Please note the Business Flood Relief Fund guidance has been updated on 16 March 2020.