Flood Relief Fund
The Welsh Government has formally launched a £2.5million Flood Relief Fund which is available to Welsh businesses to help them recover from damage and disruption caused by the recent storms - Ciara, Dennis and Jorge.
- The business must be an SME based in Wales
- The business needs to demonstrate that they have suffered severe disruption as a result of storm Ciara and/or storm Dennis and/or Jorge:
- Directly impacted by the weather event, i.e. flood damage to the property, equipment and / or stock;
- Indirectly impacted by the weather event, i.e. the business has had no/highly restricted access to premises, equipment and/or stock as a result of flooding; restricted access for customers, suppliers and/or staff; suffered loss of trade and have issues with regards to wages for employees.
- Funding can only be used to cover costs that cannot be recovered from insurance
- One application per businesses
- Businesses will need to provide:
- details of estimated affected costs to their business
- evidence of business address (within the last 3 months)
- photographic evidence of damage
When providing detail in the application form, please note we will not consider insurance excess fees as a contributing factor towards demonstrating significant disruption.
You will need to provide evidence to support your claim when you submit your application - proof of your business address, photographs of flood damage and lost stock, wage slips from last 4 weeks (if appropriate) and costs of goods that need replacing.
Please note the Business Flood Relief Fund guidance has been updated on 16 March 2020.
Has your business been affected by flooding?
Whether you are a large, medium or small business, disruptions due to the weather can happen anywhere at any time.
These resources can help you if your business has been affected by flooding:
- what to do if your business premises have been flooded
- recovering from a flood
- Storm Dennis clean up – what to do with damaged items
- contact the National Flood Forum – a charity to support people who have been affected by flooding
- dealing with insurance disputes – Financial Ombudsman advice – storm damage
For further support telephone the Business Wales Helpline on 03000 6 03000.
These resources can help you prepare for flooding in the future:
- make sure you have suitable insurance, the Association of British Insurers provides helpful information, Commercial property insurance is particularly relevant
- read the guidance for preparing your businesses for flooding and for preparing your premises
For further information on flooding please visit the Gov.Wales website.