Healthy Working Wales is a free service which supports and encourages employers to improve the health and wellbeing of their staff, engage and communicate with employees more effectively, and helps to achieve a range of business and organisational outcomes. This includes organisational performance, productivity and reducing sickness absence costs through one to one support, training events and workshops, online and telephone information and guidance.
2. Workplace Awards
The Corporate Health Standard (CHS) and Small Workplace Health Awards (SWHA) are available to all public and private enterprises and third sector organisations in Wales who can demonstrate policies and actions designed to promote happier and healthier workforces, helping to improve productivity, reduce demands on our health services and promote work-life balance.
The Awards are a key element of the Welsh Government’s Healthy Working Wales programme. Organisations are provided with free expert support by Public Health Wales advisers and highly-experienced assessors from the Independent Assessment Service. The Awards, at various levels, send a powerful message, internally and externally, that employers are committed to creating a better working environment.
the Corporate Health Standard (CHS) is available to organisations with more than 50 employees
the Small Workplace Health Award (SWHA) is available to organisations with less than 50 employees
3. Workboost Wales
Workboost Wales forms a part of Healthy Working Wales, and is a Welsh Government funded service providing employers and individuals with confidential and practical guidance and support.
Professionally qualified Workplace Health Practitioners are able to provide you with:
- tailored support through site visits, telephone calls or e-mail
- support in reviewing the management arrangements for health and safety within your business
- guidance and support on the management of sickness absence and return to work issues
Who is Workboost Wales for?
- you manage or own a small business or SME in Wales (up to 250 employees)
- your business is looking to expand
- you are planning to start your own business
- you do not have access to specialist health and safety advice
- you are an employee and would like some confidential guidance on what your employer can do to make your workplace safer and healthier
What are the benefits of a Workboost Wales visit?
keep up to date with legislation and best practice
get support that is relevant for your business
a confidential and impartial service
help reduce sickness absence and staff turnover
reduce additional costs associated with insurance premiums, compensation claims, and sick pay
4. Find out more
Telephone: 02921 674966
You can follow Healthy Working Wales at the following:
Facebook Healthy Working Wales