The Barriers To Start Up grant is a £1million fund to enable economically inactive, unemployed individuals and young people not in education, employment or training to start their own business.
A grant of up to £2,000 is available to help individuals overcome barriers to starting a business. The grant will come as a part of a package of support that will include one-to-one advice and webinars to build confidence in business practices and develop plans for starting a business.
In allocating funding, priority will be given to those individuals that are facing barriers to business start-up and are furthest away from the employment market.
To apply you should be:
- Economically inactive or unemployed
- Looking to start up a self-employed business in Wales
We are encouraging applications from individuals who identify as:
- Disabled work limiting health condition
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnicity
- Young people not in education or training (NEETS) aged 18-24 or a College and University leaver since 2019 who are contracted for less than 20 hours per week
For further information visit Barriers To Start - Up Grant | Business Wales (gov.wales)