The Department for Transport (DfT) Group and other key stakeholders are hosting an in-person Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Supplier Event at the Brangwyn Hall, Swansea on 20 October 2022 to provide SMEs with the opportunity to network with senior representatives from across the Department. This is the first of several Regional Events to be held throughout the UK over this and the next financial year.
The event will include:
- keynote from Paul Rodgers, Department for Transport Group Commercial Director and Government Commercial Function Leadership Group SME sponsor.
- presentation from Martin Traynor, the SME Crown Representative, on the Procurement Bill.
- networking with the Department for Transport, HS2 Ltd, Network Rail, National Highways, DVLA, Department for International Trade and many more to enhance the transparency of pipeline information and innovation opportunities.
- key suppliers sharing best practice on how to become a sub-contractor in the supply chain.
- networking with Crown Commercial Service will provide details on the SME friendly frameworks available and how to enrol.
- Public Procurement Review Service (PPRS) video – PPRS allows suppliers to anonymously raise any concerns they have about public sector buying and prompt payment. The video provides information on the role of PPRS and the escalation process.
To register an interest for the event please complete a survey by selecting this link The Department for Transport SME/Supplier Event Survey (surveymonkey.co.uk) by close of business 27 September 2022.
Any queries please contact GCDSMELead@dft.gov.uk