Organisations can get grants to develop game-changing solutions to UK aerospace challenges and bring forward the flight technologies of the future.
The competition is looking for high risk, high-impact projects that demonstrate visionary, revolutionary or disruptive ways of tackling the biggest aerospace challenges in the UK.
It is designed to support and speed up industry investment in supply chain companies.
Projects should focus on one of more of the following:
- concept designs for radical or unconventional medium and long-range aircraft
- concept designs for urban and regional air vehicles, vertical take-off and landing and short take-off and landing
- identifying and evaluating the requirements for a scalable, hybrid electric power demonstrator facility
- modelling high-temperature, superconducting electrical power machines
- establishing the environmental impact of novel air vehicles, including gaseous and particulate emissions
- integrating single crew or autonomous vehicles into controlled airspace
The closing date for applications is midday on 27 February 2019.
For further information please visit the GOV.UK website.