Welsh Government

For support or business advice

03000 6 03000

Driving in the EU after Brexit: lorry and goods vehicle drivers

The UK Government have produced guidance for what UK lorry and goods vehicles need to drive professionally in the EU if there’s a no-deal Brexit.

You will still need to carry your UK driving licence with you.

You might also need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive in some EU and European Economic Area (EEA) countries if there’s a no-deal Brexit.

The types of IDPs you need will depend on the countries you will drive through.

For further information please read the following guidance on GOV.UK website: 

Also, HMRC have produced a video of the 5 key areas businesses should be aware of to continue trading with the EU in the event the UK leaves the EU without a deal.

In addition, UK Gov Border Delivery Group are running a series of webinars to provide clarity on what is expected by businesses, their clients and their supply chain as they trade goods across the border. Further webinars on preparing for Brexit can also be found on the British Library website. 

Visit the Business Wales Brexit Portal for support for your business through Brexit, helping you to mitigate the risk, and identify the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.

Share this page: 
Conversion pixel