Innovative businesses and researchers from any sector can apply for funding from the Energy Catalyst for innovative projects that solve industry challenges.
The aim of the Energy Catalyst is to speed up the best of UK innovation at all development stages. It helps businesses progress their innovations to commercial readiness. Funding is for projects that are relevant to the needs of developing countries.
Proposals can focus on markets anywhere in the world and must contribute to all 3 elements of energy - low carbon, security of supply and affordability.
Innovations could include, for example:
- new technologies
- enhancement or alternative applications of existing technologies
- development of components, sub-systems or systems
- integrated whole-system approaches
- enabling technologies for the energy system
There are 3 awards:
- early-stage award - technical feasibility
- mid-stage awards - technology development
- late-stage awards - pre-commercial technology validation
To apply you must register by midday on 7 September, 2016.
For further information visit the GOV.UK website.