New £1.8 million fund to encourage Welsh innovation in low carbon vehicle technology.
The Ford Low Carbon Vehicle Transition Fund, administered by the Welsh Government as part of Ford’s legacy in Wales, will address strategic industrial technical challenges associated with low carbon vehicles.
There will be a clear focus on commercialisation and exploitation of new products, processes or services and growing capacity in low carbon technologies.
Projects must align with one of the following Automotive Council roadmaps:
- Electrical Energy Storage
- Electric Machines
- Power Electronics
- Fuel Cell
- Lightweight Vehicle and Powertrain Structure
- 20 September 2021: competition opens
- 23 September 2021: virtual briefing event
- 28 and 30 September 2021: online funding surgery
- 1 November 2021 12 midday: application deadline
For more information about the fund including how to apply, please visit: Ford Low Carbon Vehicle Transition Fund