The aim of this competition is to support innovative UK small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to carry out short international cooperation feasibility studies. These studies should build new international business networks. This can enable commercial research and innovation partnerships, and future collaboration.
The competition will focus on supporting companies that have strong innovative ideas. The proposed activities or studies should show the development potential of an idea. They should also show the opportunities available from international partnerships and access to new markets. The feasibility studies can focus on any global market.
Innovate UK will fund SMEs to support the costs for their involvement in activities such as:
- meetings with partners in the UK or other countries
- travel and subsistence, including travelling abroad to meet partners, attend brokerage or exhibition events and gain a better understanding of market opportunities and user/customer needs
- due diligence work on partners and markets
- staff time for proof of market or concept work
- sub-contracting services (limited to up to 10% of costs)
The deadline for registration is noon on 21 September 2016.
For more information visit the GOV.UK website.