UK businesses can apply for funding to work on projects that tackle the challenges in manufacturing and materials sector.
A range of projects that address technical or commercial challenges can be supported. These aim to increase business productivity, competitiveness and growth, particularly for SMEs. A project may focus on technical feasibility, industrial research or experimental development. The type of innovation project will depend on the nature of the challenge the applicant business is facing.
Innovate UK is particularly seeking applications that:
- take an innovative step in addressing the manufacturing readiness of growing sectors
- develop flexible or efficient processes
- seek greater customisation of products to fit diverging consumer needs
- diversify product and service lines to serve new markets
- develop novel services that open up new sources of revenue from manufacturing
The competition opens on 21 November, 2016 and a briefing event for potential applicants will be held on 23 November.
The deadline for registration is midday on 18 January, 2017.
For more information visit the Innovation UK page on the GOV.UK website.