In early 2020 a new Cymru Wales brand initiative called “Cnwd Cymru / Wales Made” will be launched – using a collection of up to 20 Welsh products, produce and services that are inherently Welsh and of international standard to represent the best of Wales Made.
The final collection will be selected by an independent panel covering a range of sectors and will be celebrated through modular showcases to be displayed in a number of locations (to be agreed), and supported by digital assets and content featured on wales.com. The first collection will shine a light on exceptional talents, skills and creativity, and will aim to inspire Wales’ next generation of designers, makers and entrepreneurs. Following the launch of the scheme, the showcase will have the potential to 'tour' – adding a new dimension to our international marketing and extending our collaborative partnership activity with leading Welsh consumer and B2B brands.
Calling for expressions of interest as follows:
- for voluntary panel members with relevant expertise
- from companies wishing to be considered for the scheme
There are no application fees/costs associated with companies being considered for the scheme. Panel members will participate on a voluntary basis and no fees will be payable.
The scheme will cover the following product/service categories:
- advanced manufacturing
- architecture & interiors
- creative services
- fashion & lifestyle
- food & drink
- leisure & sport
- life sciences & medical
Companies wishing to be considered for the scheme will be evaluated as follows:
- extent to which the company is developing and/or producing their product/service in Wales
- extent to which the company exports or demonstrates ambitions and potential for export growth
- demonstrates how Wales is increasingly 'made' for tomorrow
- represents the exceptional design, craft, innovation, production and/or manufacturing skills available in Wales.
- aligns with the Cymru Wales brand objectives
- has the potential to inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs, designers and makers
- is based on an original idea or has a strong backstory (not just what they make, but how and why they make it)
Expressions of interest should be sent by 13 September 2019 to: Claire Chappell - email email@example.com, telephone 0300 025 0169.