Wales will complete the move to alert level 0 on 28 January 2022, First Minister Mark Drakeford confirmed today, unless the public health situation changes for the worse.
He said the phased plan to gradually relax the alert level 2 measures and move back to alert level 0 will continue.
From Friday 21 January 2022, Wales will move to alert level 0 for all outdoor activities.
- Crowds will be able to return to outdoor sporting events.
- There will be no limits on the number of people who can take part in outdoor activities and events.
- Outdoor hospitality will be able to operate without the additional measures required introduced in December, such as the rule of 6 and 2m social distancing.
- The Covid Pass will continue to be required for entry to larger outdoor events attended by more than 4,000 people, if unseated, or 10,000 people when seated.
- The Covid Pass is required in all cinemas, theatres and concert halls which are currently open.
On Friday 28 January 2022, Wales will complete the move to alert level 0.
- Nightclubs will re-open.
- Businesses, employers and other organisations must continue to undertake a specific coronavirus risk assessment and take reasonable measures to minimise the spread of coronavirus.
- The general requirement of 2m social distancing in all premises open to the public and workplaces will be removed.
- The rule of 6 will no longer apply to gatherings in regulated premises, such as hospitality, cinemas and theatres.
- Licensed premises will no longer need to only provide table service and collect contact details.
- Working from home will remain part of advice from the Welsh Government but it will no longer be a legal requirement.
The Covid Pass will continue to be required to enter larger indoor events, nightclubs, cinemas, theatres and concert halls.
The self-isolation rules for everyone who tests positive for Covid and the face-covering rules, which apply in most public indoor places will remain in force after 28 January 2022.
The next 3-weekly review of the coronavirus regulations will be carried out by 10 February 2022, when the Welsh Government will review all the measures at alert level 0.