Whether you are a large, medium or small business, disruptions due to the weather can happen anywhere at any time. Taking time to plan and prepare your business can save you time and money when something untoward happens.
Quick and easy preparation:
- make sure you have suitable insurance, the Association of British Insurers provides helpful information, Commercial property insurance is particularly relevant
- complete the 10 Minute Plan on the Business Emergency Resilience Group website
- think through potential disruptions to your company and what you can do about them in greater detail using the Dummies Guide to Business Continuity
- put together a ‘battle box’ containing important documents and items to keep your business running, in case you have to relocate with little or no notice
- consider your preparation for cyber threats
You could also:
- talk to neighbours, businesses and customers about your plans and how you could support each other
- test your plan and adjust it where necessary to avoid complications in an emergency
- make sure all your staff have copies of your plan and that they know their responsibilities in an emergency
- read the guidance for preparing your businesses for flooding and for preparing your premises
For further information please visit the GOV.UK website.