This notice was last updated on the 14 May 2018.
Your privacy is important to us and in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) we have developed a Privacy Notice that covers why we collect and use your information. This privacy notice outlines how your personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully and in a transparent manner. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices.
1. Why we collect and process the data collected
The Welsh Government will be the Data Controller for the personal data you provide on the Business Online Support Service (BOSS) Registration Form. In line with our public task the data will be used to identify you and provide the most appropriate support to you from our services. The registration information collected enables you to access the online courses and functionality available on the BOSS platform. Dependent on your user type different information will be collected and different features will be available.
The Data Processors for Farming Connect are Menter a Busnes and Lantra, who are third party contractors, delivering the Farming Connect Programme.
2. Who will have access to your data:
- this data is may be shared with organisations contracted by Welsh Government to solely deliver Welsh Government sponsored business support associated to the content of the Business Online Support Service courses provided through the BOSS service
- the collected information will be accessible by Welsh Government support service teams and its system technical administrators who support the I.T. system, system technical administrators will not use your details in any way
For users signed up to the service provided by Business Wales the data is accessible by :
- Welsh Government Economy, Skills & Natural Resources (ES&NR) internal teams
- Business Wales consortium delivering Welsh Government sponsored business support
- Excelarator consortium delivering Welsh Government sponsored business support
For users signed up to the service provided by Farming Connect the data is accessible by organisations contracted by Welsh Government to solely deliver the Farming Connect Programme:
- Menter a Busnes
- and their selected third party sub contractors
The personal data on this form will be accessible by Audit teams, Welsh Government Internal Audit, Welsh Audit Office and European Commission Audit; the information will only be used to verify the administration of the Farming Connect Programme.
The Personal data on this form will be shared with the following agencies for the purpose of delivering Farming Connect interventions and services:
- Natural Resources Wales
- Agriculture & Horticulture Development Board
- Hybu Cig Cymru
- other Welsh Government departments
Data on this form will be shared with contractors acting on behalf of the Welsh Government to undertake interviews or surveys of current and former participants as part of formal evaluations of Welsh Government-funded programmes. Contractors will contact a sample of contacts. You may be contacted and asked to take part in an evaluation of your personal experience of a learning activity. If you are contacted, the purpose of the interview or survey will be explained to you and you will be given the option to say yes or no to taking part. Contractors will use your details only for the purpose of carrying out the evaluation and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your details will then be deleted once the evaluation contract is complete.
The personal data on this form will be accessible to Welsh Government Knowledge and Analytical Services (KAS) for research, statistical analysis (from which individual cannot be identified), equal opportunities monitoring and completion of reports of aggregated data to be made publically available, via the Welsh Government internet pages.
3. How long are your details kept
Your details will be retained on our systems inline with the retention policy associated to your user type and as part of our ongoing training and quality reviews. Your information may also be retained for audit purposes.
For users signed up to the service provided by Business Wales the retention policy is:
- if data is associated to EU funded support it may be kept until 2030
- if data is associated to State aid then it may be kept for 10 years
- all other data may be kept for 2 years the purpose of improvements to internal quality and training.
For users signed up to the service provided by Farming Connect the following statement is applicable:
As required by data legislation we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information you have given to us. Your details will be retained on our system inline with the European Commission retention policy. European Commission requires data to be kept for 3 years after the final payments are made under the programme. Your details will be retained until 31 December 2026 at the earliest. Where irregularities are identified details will be retained for 3 years following the year in which all monies have been recovered. When we no longer need to retain your information we will ensure it is securely disposed of in line with the Welsh Government Retention & Disposal Policy.
4. Your rights
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to access the personal data the Welsh Government holds on you
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- to (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing
- for (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office are:
Telephone: 01625 545 745 or 0303 123 1113
For help with any of the above rights then please contact our Business Wales Helpline 03000 6 03000 or use the contact us form https://businesswales.gov.wales/contact-us.
5. The Freedom of Information Act and your Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 allow the public to ask to see information held by public bodies, including the Welsh Government. The information you provide us may be the subject of a freedom of information request by another member of the public. We would consult with you to seek your views before responding to such a request.
6. Changes to this policy
For further information on how Menter a Busnes and Lantra process your personal data on behalf of Farming Connect
Menter a Busnes
Royal Welsh Showground
For further information on your information rights
Data Protection Officer
Email address: DataprotectionOfficer@gov.wales