Ready to start a business
The topics for the “Ready to Start a Business” pathway have been carefully selected and will introduce you to the areas to consider on your journey to starting a successful business, these topics are:
- Understanding Your Finances - In this course you will see the different types of costs involved in running your business and selling your product or service.
- Financial Planning for Your New Business - This course explains what is involved in managing the finances of your business and introduces you to the basic financial statements.
- Pricing Your Product or Service - In this course you will see different ways to arrive at your price and the pricing tactics you may consider.
- Market Research Essentials - This course looks at what you need to know in order to ensure that your products and services are aimed at the right people, at the right time in the right place.
- Marketing your new business - In this course you will see what makes an effective marketing message, recognise opportunities to promote your business and identify additional sources of marketing advice and guidance.
- Creating an Online Presence for Your Business - There are many different ways of achieving an online presence. This course will help you to understand the options and opportunities that are available to you and your business.
On completion of this pathway you will have all the information required to set up and start your business, it focusses on making sure you understand your business’ finances, how to cost your product or service, refines your marketing strategy and shows you the benefits of an online presence.