Led by the Welsh Contact Centre Forum, the Welsh Financial Sector Graduate Programme is a collaborative initiative involving leading Cardiff based financial services organisations including: Admiral, Atradius, Legal Expenses, Grant Thornton, GM Financial and Optimum Credit.
Their aim is to:
- Nurture and retain top graduate talent.
- Develop our vibrant Welsh financial sector.
- Inspire the next generation to embark on a career in finance.
The business benefits
The programme will:
- Create a talent pool of future industry professionals for your company
- Generate an influx of invaluable graduate-calibre ideas and academic thinking of your organisation.
- Support collaboration between you and other likeminded financial forward-thinkers so you can share best practise in training processes.
- Further enhance your recruitment strategy and attract the talent you need to secure long term success for your business
The programme is unique to Wales. Graduates embark on a two year full-time programme of work, training and academic study, giving companies ample opportunity to 'trial' trainees and measure their effectiveness as future potential employees. At the end of this fixed-term contract, you'll be under no obligation to take on any graduate permanently. On the other hand, if they prove their worth, you have a fully trained graduate who can 'hit the ground' running.
What support will you get?
The European Social Fund has made funds available to contribute towards the cost of internal training time. But this programme is not just about reducing your company's expenditure on training and recruitment. It's not about saving money. It's about building a stronger, more robust financial sector in Wales, and securing success for your company in the future. The benefits are tangible and far reaching.
The programme depends on the commitment of leading players from the Welsh Financial Sector. They appreciate that the more they put into this programme, the more they get out.
The graduates are offered four lots of six-month placements in four different companies participating in the scheme. This gives them the opportunity to sample a range of career paths within the industry, such as:
- Product Development
- Commercial Account Management
- IT/Cyber Risk
- Risk/Business Analysis
As a participating company, you'll create and manage structured training and development programmes. Each graduate will study for a Master's Qualification and undertake a significant work-based learning element at your place of work. The university will work closely with you to ensure the graduates' training plans are robust and at Master's level.
Is your business eligible?
The Financial Sector Graduate Programme is designed for employers located within South East Wales.
ITS TIME to nurture graduate talent
Call the Business Wales Helpline on 03000 603 000 or contact us.
Skills for Industry is part-funded by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.