ION Leadership is a development programme delivered by Swansea University and Bangor University.
ION Leadership is specifically designed to help owners, directors, team leaders and managers working in the private and third sectors raise their game, grow sustainable business and enrich the lives of their employees.
The business benefits
Immersed in a hands-on learning experience, directors and managers get the space, time and tools to experiment with different leadership styles as well as the opportunity to learn from each other. Results have shown that participation in leadership programmes can deliver:
- a marked increase in turnover (26% on average)
- creation of sustainable enterprises capable of continous growth
- better equipped business leaders with enhanced knowledge and skills
- a supportive network of leaders that continue to meet, share ideas an do business with one another
In fact, an impressive 97% of delegates recently reported a significant impact on them and the way in which they work.
What support will you get?
The course is supported by the European Social Fund through Welsh Government and leads to a prestigious Institute of Leadership and Management qualification, inclusive of membership. The programme covers 3 levels of learning -Early Stage Leadership, Developing Leadership and Advanced Leadership
You'll be shown how to implement contemporary ideas, growth strategies and best practice into your company's overall business plan. The course includes:
- A 2 day experiential leadership event.
- A series of interactive master classes - study the 4 critically important leadership themes: leading self, leading people, leading organisations and leading growth.
- Action learning sets - together with your fellow business leaders, you'll be shown how to identify areas requiring improvement and build the sustainable implementation strategies that will allow you to drive through necessary changes.
- Workplace implementation - With an emphasis on putting the ideas that you've learnt into practice so your business becomes sharper, and more profitable.
- A reflective journal - take a close look at your leadership style, articulate your strengths and weaknesses and develop your personal learning action plans.
The programme will help you become an extraordinary leader. You'll complete the course with the skills and the confidence to lead, motivate and inspire those around you.
ION Leadership is an innovative leadership development programme with a choice of 3 different approaches, so it can be tailored to suit businesses of any size operating in a diverse range of industry sectors.
Following the initial 2 day experiential event, you will be expected to invest 1 day a month over 4, 7 or 8 months, depending on the course.
Is your business eligible?
The programmes are designed for owners, directors and leaders who have line manager responsibility, living or working in the west wales and the valleys area.
It's TIME to take the lead
Call the Business Wales Helpline on 03000 6 03000 or contact us.
You can find further information on the programme by visiting the ION Leadership website.
ION Leadership is part funded by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.
|Delivery Area||West Wales & Valleys|
|Supported by the European Social Fund?||Yes|
Swansea & Bangor University