Costume Trainee for High-End TV Drama (BADWOLF Productions)
Based in Wolf Studios Cardiff and on location as required
31st October 2017 - Feb 2018
Salary: £550 per week
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic international production company producing television drama at the very highest level, in Wales.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to provide support for a skilled and experienced costume department. Key responsibilities will be assisting the costume team with general duties related to filming, which may include helping with fittings, on set continuity and with the day to day maintenance and organisation of the department which may include repairs, alterations and basic costume making tasks as well as workshop and stock organisation and maintenance.
You will be based at Wolf Studios in Cardiff Bay, at other sites or on location and must be willing to travel to other locations and studios. Working hours will relate to the filming schedule and it is likely that the successful candidate will be expected to work long unsociable hours, which may include weekends, inside and outside, in all weather conditions, as required.
No particular academic requirements are required and each application will be considered on its own merits. All applicants will be able to evidence and demonstrate:
- Excellent hand sewing skills and attention to detail.
- Experience of working with both domestic and commercial sewing machines.
- A good basic knowledge of costume fitting.
- Previous experience of working on a professional film or television production, although not necessarily on big budget productions or High-End Drama is desirable. Consideration will be given to applications from individuals with experience in other compatible professions (eg theatre, wedding dresses).
- Reliability, punctually, politeness and the ability to operate efficiently under potentially stressful conditions.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety guidelines and legislations.
- A level of physical stamina and dexterity appropriate to the role.
- The ability to take direction and work as part of a team.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
CV, completed equality and diversity form and letter of application to:
Closing date: MONDAY 9th OCTOBER 2017
This trainee post is provided as a component of BadWolf’s commitment to developing Welsh film and television crew. Applicants who live or work in Wales are especially welcome. BadWolf looks to build a culturally diverse workforce in Wales and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. This opportunity has been created by BadWolf and facilitated by Screen Alliance Wales.