Script Supervisor Trainee for High-End TV Drama (BAD WOLF Productions)
Based in Wolf Studios Cardiff and on location as required
31st October 2017 - Feb 2018
Salary: £550 per week
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic international production company producing television drama at the very highest level.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work closely with the production's script supervisor. Key responsibilities will be assisting the script supervisor with general duties related to day to day tasks that ensure continuity in filming. The successful applicant will support the script supervisor through maintaining and keeping records as well as transcribing and processing script changes. The successful candidate may participate in taking photographs for the purpose of continuity.
You will be based at Wolf Studios in Cardiff Bay, at other sites or on location and must be willing to travel to other locations and studios. Working hours will relate to the filming schedule and it is likely that the successful candidate will be expected to work long, unsociable hours, which may include weekends, inside and outside, in all weather conditions, as required.
No particular academic requirements are required and each application will be considered on its own merits, although a college degree in film and television production is likely. All applicants will be able to evidence and demonstrate:
- A good working knowledge of both the film-making environment and the roles of different departments and filming crew. Previous experience of working on a professional film or television production, although not necessarily on big budget productions or High-End Drama, is essential.
- A meticulous and obsessive attention to detail.
- Practical experience of writing script breakdowns.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills. These are essential for communicating transcriptions quickly and effectively and liaising with other departments such as sound and camera to help ensure continuity.
- Reliability, punctually, politeness and the ability to operate efficiently under potentially stressful conditions.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to digitally catalogue data.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
CV, completed equality and diversity form and letter of application to:
Closing date: MONDAY 9th OCTOBER 2017
This trainee post is provided as a component of BadWolf’s commitment to developing Welsh film and television crew. Applicants who live or work in Wales are especially welcome. Bad Wolf looks to build a culturally diverse workforce in Wales and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. This opportunity has been created by BadWolf and facilitated by Screen Alliance Wales.