- Year of Legends campaign overview
- Year of Legends content calendar
- Year of Legends calendar of events
We want to celebrate a year of legendary experiences across Wales in 2017. Building on the momentum of Year of Adventure, the Year of Legends presents us with an opportunity to build a truly distinctive identity for Wales on the world stage.
2. Year of Legends campaign overview
St David’s Day will see Wales’ Year of Legends 2017 being taken to the next level as an international campaign goes live in key markets in a bid to promote Wales like never before and sustain record breaking figures of the last two years. Take a look at the campaign overview for more information.
3. Year of Legends content calendar
This content calendar helps you to understand our key themes for the year and what we’ll be focussing on each month.
4. Year of Legends calendar of events
To help you get a clear picture of what’s going on across Wales during 2017, here’s a summary of key events. This list is not exhaustive but contains the main legends themed events and major events funded by the Welsh Government
5. A step-by-step guide for your business
2017 is our chance to showcase Wales’ rich culture, heritage and landscapes. It’s an opportunity to celebrate a wealth of sporting and cultural events and icons, and to stand-apart from our competitors. In doing so, we want to reinforce positive perceptions of our country, and position Wales as a high-quality, relevant and contemporary 21C destination.
Getting the balance right is key: 2017 isn’t about looking backwards. It’s about bringing our unique and diverse cultural heritage to life like never before, with cutting-edge innovation. And it’s also about creating and celebrating new Welsh legends — modern-day personalities, products and events that are made in Wales, or enriched by coming here.
This guide is about how you — your business — can benefit from the Year of Legends. And it applies across the board, from hotels to B&Bs and self-catering, visitor attractions to activity providers.
In broad terms, here’s what you’ll find:
- Year of Legends in summary
- What we’d like to achieve
- What’s happening
- Get involved
- Know your market
- Practical advice
- Quality counts
If you’d like to order printed copies of this booklet please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Year of Legends briefing sessions
We recently held a series of briefing sessions aimed at tourism businesses and partners to provide more information on Year of Legends 2017. The purpose of getting everybody together was to:
- give an overview of our plans for Year of Legends
- encourage and inspire you to get involved with Year of Legends
- update on the Wales brand
- provide an update on sense of place and showcase a small selection of businesses in Wales who are fully embracing sense of place and doing good things
- introduce storytelling as a concept and provide some ideas for you to incorporate storytelling into your tourism businesses.
Presentations and films shown at these events are now available for you to download below.
7. Year of Legends marketing tools
To help you along the way we’ve developed a handy kit of parts which includes everything you need to get involved. Click on the link below to access:
- Year of Legends industry handbook
- Year of Legends widget
- Promotional wording
- Year of Legends images
We are also developing postcards, posters and badges which will be available in the New Year, if you would like a free of charge supply of these please email: