Let’s keep in touch and work together. Opportunities for getting involved with our campaigns and trade events and exhibitions are usually announced in our regular newsletters and on twitter.
- Follow our industry twitter channel @visitwalesbiz
- Subscribe to receive our newsletter
- Share content - Feed in your news, stories, packages and events to Productnews@gov.wales
- Request tourism images to use in your own marketing material
- Get involved in our marketing campaigns by tagging your images and content on social media with #FindYourEpic
- If you’re an attraction or an accommodation provider have you considered joining our grading schemes?
If you’ve specific questions about running a tourism business or starting a business from scratch then contact our colleagues at Business Wales.
2. Visit Wales Regional Team
3. Regional Tourism Forum
- which individual business or destinations can work more closely together within the region
- opportunities for tourism development within the region
- a regional perspective feed into the Minister’s Tourism Advisory Board
- the method for feeding into each forum through destination management partnerships
4. Food Tourism
5. Sustainable Tourism
Beautiful landscapes and coastlines are the very foundation of tourism in Wales. We rely on the integrity of the natural environment. Sustainability will always be a key priority when developing tourism in Wales.
To be sustainable, tourism needs to:
- consider the needs and quality of life of local communities
- enhance and respect culture and local traditions
- contribute to local economic prosperity
- minimise damage to the environment
The benefits of having a sustainable business include:
- conservation and protection of the environment
- investment in your local community
- money savings
- improvement of the quality of your product
- increased marketing opportunities
Visit Wales has developed this online and interactive Sustainable Tourism Toolkit. A report gets produced based on the answers you give. The report suggests ways of creating a more sustainable business.
6. Tourism Association sustainability toolkit
7. Travel trade and business tourism
The travel trade has a full range of organisations that operate as intermediaries in the travel and tourism industry. These typically include:
- tour operators
- coach operators
- professional conference organisers
- destination and event management companies
- travel agents
Our role is to influence buyers in the travel trade and business tourism sectors. Our aim is to encourage these buyers to bring business to Wales. Our travel trade work involves establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals and companies who currently include Wales in their programmes, or who have the potential to include Wales in the future.
If you’d like to generate additional sales to increase your visitor numbers and fill spare capacity, you may wish to consider working with the leisure travel trade and business tourism sectors. For a flavour of our work in this area please go to the Travel Trade Website.
- Working with the Travel Trade
- Getting the most from Travel Trade events
- Interested in attracting business, conferences, meetings and events to your business?
- Interested in attending travel trade events?
Marketing your product internationally
Are you thinking of developing your tourism product to attract more overseas visitors? Take a look at the different opportunities available to help raise your international profile.