In 2015, we began a series of annual themes, with Adventure in 2016, Legends in 2017 and the Sea coming in 2018.
The strategy was in response to key challenges promoting Wales as a destination. These thematic years are:
- a long-term ambition to grow a stronger and more defined brand for tourism in Wales
- the opportunity to focus investment and innovation in tourism
- the need to drive an increase in visitor volume and value to Wales each year.
Our aims and goals by 2018 are that:
- Wales becomes well-known for being an outstanding adventure, culture, heritage and outdoors destination;
- we create a much more defined and compelling destination proposition for Wales.
- we drive £320 million of extra consumer spend in Wales from the domestic market, and
- £7 million of travel trade business to Wales from our top 100 operators.