About Event Wales
Building Wales’ position as a consistently outstanding destination for major events.
We set out to ensure a co-ordinated and coherent approach to supporting major events.
Events enhance Wales' international reputation and supports the wellbeing of its people and communities. They provide significant economic benefits to host cities and regions. In turn, this helps to stimulate new enterprise and business growth.
Event Wales is not usually directly involved in the operational delivery of major events. We work with a wide range of partners and stakeholders across the public, private and third sectors, in Wales and beyond
The focus of our work is to:
- Attract major international events which deliver a significant economic return on investment and contribute to the promotion of the Wales brand.
- Identify new and innovative ways of extending their reach to new audiences both inside and outside Wales.
- Work strategically with local and regional partners to identify potential Growth Events and explore opportunities for creating new events.
- Support the development of a strong Welsh skills base of knowledge and experience. This is critical in the development of a sustainable events industry delivering a compelling events portfolio.
Here are a few reasons why you should bring your event to Wales:
- We will provide the support of a strong Team Wales partnership with a proven track record of delivery.
- We will work proactively with you to promote your brand and the commercial opportunities and benefits around your event.
- We can offer you a range of world class facilities, including the iconic Principality Stadium, Venue Cymru and Wales Millennium Centre.
- We also have breath taking scenery. Our landscape and coastline provide a stunning backdrop and an amazing outdoor arena.
- We have a rich and diverse sporting and cultural heritage that can be leveraged in order to enhance your event.
Skills development and Volunteering
Major Events is a dynamic, knowledge based creative industry which requires a wide range of high quality skills including
- business and finance
- media and communications
- event production and presentation.
A strong Welsh skills base is vital in developing a sustainable events industry. We are working with the industry, education and training providers and the third sector to enhance Wales’ professional competence and capability as a world class events destination.
All our supported events are encouraged to offer work experience or student placement opportunities as well as high quality voluntary roles.
Further information on the development and volunteering opportunities available in Wales is available below.
Successful major events can inspire and engage individuals and communities through volunteering. One of our objectives is to increase the number and diversity of volunteers from Wales, recruited for major events in Wales.
As with training, we seek to identify as many volunteering opportunities as possible with supported events. Any suitable volunteering opportunities will normally be publicised through individual event websites but we also encourage events to publicise opportunities through the Volunteering Wales website.
If your event helps to support economic growth and raise Wales' international profile and reputation, you might be eligible for grant funding from the Welsh Government. To find out more, please contact a member of the team.
Tel 0300 061 6014
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh
Are you are an event organiser, looking to bring a major event to Wales?
Do you want to develop and grow a smaller event to become one of our national signature events?
Go to our Funding page for further information.
An informal discussion will establish whether your proposals are consistent with the published criteria. You’ll then be invited to complete a short questionnaire. The questionnaire captures further detail about your event which will be formally assessed. If your initial application is successful, subject to available funding, you’ll be invited to submit a detailed business plan. The detailed business plan will need to include a full budget profile.