Deeside Enterprise Zone
The 2,000-hectare (4942 acres) Deeside Enterprise Zone in North East Wales is home to highly skilled, contemporary manufacturing across a diversity of sectors - from aerospace and automotive to electronics and pharmaceuticals, construction, food and sustainable energy.
- Strong manufacturing heritage, forward-looking manufacturing skills and technology
- Advanced materials and manufacturing across a wide variety of sectors
- Located on the TEN-22 route, 30-60 minutes to several major ports and airports and minutes from the UK motorway network
- Large population base within commuting distance
- World-class advanced manufacturing skills development and research by AMRC Cymru, local colleges and universities
- Range of affordable accommodation, from new, ready-to-go buildings to large development sites
North East Wales is a major manufacturing location with considerable strengths in the aerospace, automotive, construction, food, paper and packaging, electronics, and sustainable energy sectors.
With its advanced manufacturing skills and heritage, Deeside is already the base for a number of major international manufacturing companies such as Airbus, Toyota, and James Fisher, but offers plenty of room and opportunities for new businesses.
The Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC Cymru), developed in the Zone, focuses on R&D, skills development, and the commercialisation of technology.
There’s a development-ready 90-hectare site available with full planning permission; another area is focused on sustainable energy businesses; and our aerospace park has its own Advanced Composites Research, Training and Development Centre.