Finance Locator Privacy Notice
This notice was last updated on 7 March 2018.
Your privacy is important to Business Wales and Idox and in line with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) we have developed a Privacy Notice that covers why we collect and use your information. This privacy notice ensures that your personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully and in a transparent manner.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices.
1. Why we collect and process the data collected
The Welsh Government is the Data Controller for the personal data you have provided on the My Business Wales registration form. A limited portion of the data is passed on to Idox our third party provider; this enables your saved searches to be retrieved for your future use. Where you have requested notifications of funds that match your saved searches then these will be emailed to you.
2. Personal information that will be collected and held includes:
- email address
- first name
- last name
3. Who will have access to your data:
The shared information will be accessible by Idox system technical administrators and project managers who support the I.T. system. These administrators will not use your details in any way.
4. How long are your details kept
Your details will be retained on our system indefinitely until you request for your details to be removed.
5. Your rights.
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to access the personal data the Welsh Government holds on you;
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- to (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing
- for (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office are:
Telephone: 01625 545 745 or 0303 123 1113
For help with any of the above rights then please contact our Business Wales Helpline 03000 6 03000 or use the contact us form https://businesswales.gov.wales/contact-us.
6. The Freedom of Information Act and your Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 allow the public to ask to see information held by public bodies, including the Welsh Government. The information you provide us may be the subject of a freedom of information request by another member of the public. We would consult with you to seek your views before responding to such a request.
7. Changes to this policy
For further information on your information rights
Data Protection Officer
Email address: DataProtectionOfficer@gov.wales