Seven businesses taking part in the Business Wales Accelerated Growth Programme have made a list of 100 UK start-ups to watch.
Natwest's inaugural #PowerUp Index celebrates some of the best and brightest businesses taking part in its Entrepreneur Accelerator programme. The assessment was made from start-ups in NatWest's 12 entrepreneur accelerator hubs across the UK, which offer fully-funded mentoring and coaching for entrepreneurs who want to grow their business.
Firms are ranked according to financial performance, growth and investment potential, as well as their founders' growth mindset. Of the ten Welsh businesses on the list, seven are taking part in the Business Wales Accelerated Growth Programme.
The highest-ranked firm from Wales, at 11th, is Alpacr, a social networking platform for travellers. The company, based at NatWest's hub in Cardiff, was launched in 2017 by Dan Swygart from Llandegla in Denbighshire.
Other firms that feature on the list are:
- IVAT – Accountancy software-as-a-service
- Brushbox – Sustainable toothbrush subscription service
- Paperclip – Provider of online marketplaces for University students
- F&W Insights Ltd – The company behind KegTracker™, the first-to-market Internet of Things device that instantly turns beer kegs and casks into SMART containers.
- Sports Injury Fix – A search engine for therapists matched to sporting injuries
- Rhizome Live – Online training software specialist
The Business Wales Accelerated Growth Programme team is delighted to see these exciting start-ups featured on the #PowerUp list. We look forward to supporting them in their continued growth and success.
Further information on the Business Wales Accelerated Growth Programme.