The Association of British Insurers (ABI) members are working tirelessly to support their customers, through the swift payment of valid claims, interim payments to their customers, and providing clear and quick answers to their questions.
ABI has provided the following guidance
on the common questions relating to insurance and other business issues:
- How does business insurance work?
- What is business interruption insurance?
- How do businesses purchase business interruption cover?
- What do business interruption policies generally cover?
- Does standard business interruption insurance provide cover for businesses who are not able to operate due to the effects of COVID-19?
- Does a 'notifiable disease' extension to business interruption cover my business for COVID-19?
- Are there any other extensions to business interruption that may provide cover?
Other Business Issues:
- Do I need to continue to make regular visits to my unoccupied business premises if it is against government guidance?
- If my business isn't able to operate because of COVID-19, should I just cancel my insurance policy?
- Do cyber insurance policies cover working from home/remote working?
Further information including advice, guidance, and common questions relating to insurance can be found on the ABI Coronavirus Information Hub
on the ABI website.