UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £25 million across two strands, for innovation in propulsion battery technologies for electric vehicles.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £25 million in innovation projects across the two strands of this competition. This funding is from the Faraday Battery Challenge (FBC).
The aim of this competition is to:
- support business-led research and development of sustainable propulsion batteries
- support technologies with the potential to enter the automotive market within the next 10 years and, where appropriate, allow for early or synergistic entry into other sectors
- move UK battery innovations from technological potential towards commercial capability
- develop and secure material and manufacturing supply chains for battery technologies in the UK
This competition is split into 2 strands - please use the links below for further information:
- Competition overview - Faraday Battery Challenge Round 5 Innovation: CR&D - Innovation Funding Service (apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk)
- Faraday Battery Challenge Round 5 Innovation: Feasibility Studies
Competition closes on Wednesday 17 August 2022 at 11am.