The UK will celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s 70th anniversary as monarch with a blockbuster weekend of celebrations.
The May Bank Holiday Weekend will be moved to Thursday 2 June and an additional Bank Holiday on Friday 3 June will see a four-day weekend to celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. A Jubilee medal will be created and awarded to public services workers.
- UK bank holidays - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Platinum Jubilee Royal Names Guidance
- Calculating holiday entitlement for workers
- Request for the Elizabeth Cross and Memorial Scroll
- Platinum Jubilee Civic Honours Competition
- Medals: campaigns, descriptions and eligibility
Parliament has passed an order to extend licensing hours in pubs, clubs and bars from 11pm to 1am. The extension will cover Thursday 2 June to Saturday 4 June:
There are lots of ways you can take part in The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations, whether you are a local authority, school, business, community group.
For further information visit The Queen's Platinum Jubilee 2022