The Welsh Government is consulting on a range of proposals which will make essential and positive changes to non-domestic rates in Wales. The proposals include the following:
- more frequent revaluation cycles
- improving the flow of information between government and ratepayers
- providing the Welsh Government with more flexibility to amend reliefs and exemptions
- a review of reliefs and exemptions
- providing greater scope to vary the multiplier
- improving the administration of valuation functions
- further measures to ensure we can continue tackling avoidance
The consultation also outlines the continued work to explore the scope for more radical reform through alternative approaches to raising local taxes over the longer-term.
Submit your comments by 14 December 2022.
For further information visit Reforming non-domestic rates in Wales | GOV.WALES