Privacy Notice – Business Wales Blog
This notice was last updated on the 16th of September 2019.
Your privacy is important to Business Wales and in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we have developed a Privacy Notice that covers why we collect and use your information. This privacy notice ensures that your personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully and in a transparent manner.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices.
- Why we collect and process the data collected
The Welsh Government will be the Data Controller for the personal data you provide on the Business Wales Blog submission form. In line with our public task and the official authority vested in us, the data will be used to identify you and provide the most appropriate support to you from our service teams.
The information you give us will be used to review and consider your submission, if accepted we will create and publish your content on the Business Wales website. We create a record on our IT systems of your Blog submission; this will enable us to follow up on any related and appropriate contact that we might be required.
- Who will have access to your data:
- This data is used solely to deliver on the Welsh Government Business Wales website the Blog content you provide to us.
- The collected information will be accessible by the Welsh Government Business Wales website team and its system technical administrators who support the I.T. system. System technical administrators will not use your details in any way.
- The “Title of post” and “body of blog” content will be published to the website and made accessible to the general public, we will also include your name, Business name and website url if provided.
- How long are your details kept
Your details will be retained on our systems inline with Welsh Government retention policy for up to 3 years as part of our ongoing training and quality reviews.
- Your rights.
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to access the personal data the Welsh Government holds on you;
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- to (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing
- for (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office are:
Telephone: 01625 545 745 or 0303 123 1113
For help with any of the above rights then please contact our Business Wales Helpline 03000 6 03000 or use the contact us form https://businesswales.gov.wales/contact-us.
- The Freedom of Information Act and your Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 allow the public to ask to see information held by public bodies, including the Welsh Government. The information you provide us may be the subject of a freedom of information request by another member of the public. We would consult with you to seek your views before responding to such a request.
- Changes to this policy
For further information on your information rights
Data Protection Officer