Privacy Notice – Directory of Welsh Businesses
This notice was last updated on the 27th April 2018.
Your privacy is important to Business Wales and in line with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) we have developed a Privacy Notice that covers why we collect and use your information. This privacy notice ensures that your personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully and in a transparent manner.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices.
- Why we collect and process the data collected
The Welsh Government will be the Data Controller for any personal data you provide on the Directory of Welsh Businesses registration form. In order to promote your business, the information will be published via the website and may also be used by Welsh Government to compile relevant businesses for large projects for supply chain opportunities.
- Who will have access to your data:
- All registration information is publically available on the website.
- How long are your details kept
Your details will be retained on Directory of Welsh Businesses until you ask us to remove by using the contact details below or you login to the business directory and remove them yourself.
The system will archive accounts after 16 months following email reminders sent after a period of inactivity.
9 months -> inactive reminder first email
15 months -> inactive reminder second email
16 months -> account archived; whilst the account is archived your listing details will not be displayed on the website.
The account will be deleted after 2 years.
- Your rights
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to access the personal data the Welsh Government holds on you;
- require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- to (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing
- for (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office are:
Telephone: 01625 545 745 or 0303 123 1113
For help with any of the above rights then please contact our Business Wales Helpline 03000 6 03000 or use the contact us form https://businesswales.gov.wales/contact-us.
- The Freedom of Information Act and your Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 allow the public to ask to see information held by public bodies, including the Welsh Government. The information you provide us may be the subject of a freedom of information request by another member of the public. We would consult with you to seek your views before responding to such a request.
- Changes to this policy
For further information on your information rights
Data Protection Officer
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .